Monday, March 16, 2009

Tornado Outside My Apartment




So, I got your attention.

The Tornado Tower, under construction and seen (in my photos) from the parking lot outside my residential tower (t) and then today (b),the residence tower on the farthest left. [Please note: clicking on the image and moving the wheel on the mouse, brings the image even closer... click on my image of the finished structure and at the bottom you'll see the street and the rocks etc as if you were standing with me.] The Tower is visible from the west side of my apartment, bedrooms and living room. Rumor has it that something moves or flashes violently - when it does I will be unable to escape this tornado.

As the Peninsula writes

West Bay’s landmark structure Tornado Tower was illuminated (using state-of-the-art LED technology) catching the attention of everybody who passed through the Corniche last night. Tornado Tower, developed by Qatar Investment Projects and Development Holding Company, is a 52-storey elegant structure offering 58,000 sqm of commercial facilities. The major attraction of the tower is its sky view cafĂ© on the 28th floor